Friday, November 21, 2014

We Are Filled With Joy!

I have spent several early mornings and late nights looking up at the stars and echoing the psalmist, "What is man that you are mindful of him..." I have thought over and over again, "We are just one little family...we are nobodies, yet you are moving mountains for us..." He has done miracle after miracle for us and for our little ones to come, and I am so thankful.  I am also glad that I don't have to wait, or give a little space before I ask for another miracle! There is no shortage with our Father and it is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom.

I want to share with you some of the amazing things he has done and is doing.  If you look over to the right you will see our thermometer has reached $50,000.00.  Is this not insane?!! I cant even explain it!  I'll admit, sometimes when people ask how much money it is costing us to adopt, I don't always give them the real answer.  I'll say over $30k or around $49k, because once you get past $50k it's just so unrelatable for most of us, so I don't even say it. But here it is!  Even though I had no clue as to how this money was going to come in, I knew He would do it.  And even though I knew He would do it, and He has done it, I am still completely blown away! We are praising God for His favor and provision, and for so many loving generous souls who carry such incredible vision for the Kingdom.

Now, I did say amazing things (plural) so, what else could be so amazing? Praise God we are NOT done raising funds yet because, well, the Lord has seen fit to give us another son!!! Yes, we are beside ourselves with joy and laughter because God has held this beautiful miracle in His heart forever, and it is now unfolding before our eyes and we can hardly take it in.

We were told early on that the twins had a brother, but that he had "aged out" and was not adoptable. We've had conversations as to how we could keep he and the twins connected in the future, but that was the extent of it.  However, a few weeks ago Brent and I were praying for all our kids and he mentioned to me that as he was sharing with a friend about the twin's older brother, he started to cry.  We prayed for him, but deep in my heart I thought, "Oh Lord, does this mean something more for our family?" I felt the nudge to inquire about this brother, and found that he has only just recently turned 13, and he is in fact adoptable! When I read the information, I just stared at the screen with tears running down my face.  I couldn't even form a thought.  I had to rush off to a Dr.s appt. and then head out of town.  I got some good time on the road to pray and think.  As the minutes flew by, love, hope, and courage began to grow inside of me, and I could hardly contain my joy.  Brent, Solomon, and I (we both felt led to include Soli in the process of praying, and listening, believing for unity) prayed for two days and all felt strongly that we were supposed to adopt this precious boy.  So we are now on the path toward bringing him home as well!

We have been amazed over and over at the perfect timing of the Lord throughout this whole journey, and we just have to believe that the discovery of this brother, at this time, is all in God's hands. I can't help but think, "Who is this boy, Lord?! Who is this priceless treasure that you are setting apart for your glory, for such a time as this?" Oh, we can hardly wait to get to know him!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Praise God! Congratulations! What wonderful and exciting news!

    ReplyDelete